- You must have lived or worked in Franklin County for the past 12 months
- You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- If married, you must apply with your spouse
- You must wait 2 years after foreclosure or bankruptcy has been finalized
How Families are Chosen
A volunteer Selection Committee consisting of Franklin County citizens considers applications based on the following criteria:
- You do not already own a home.
- You are currently living in substandard housing which would include any of the following conditions:
- Home is in poor physical condition
-Home is overcrowded
-Rent is subsidized
-Rent is more than 30% of income
- Your household gross income is between 35% and 70% of the area median income
Income - 2018 Area Median Income
FAM SIZE Minimum Maximum
1 $29,200 $10,220 $20,440
2 $33,400 $11,690 $23,380
3 $37,550 $13,143 $26,285
4 $41,700 $14,595 $29,190
5 $45,050 $15,768 $31,535
6 $48,400 $16,940 $33,880
7 $51,750 $18,113 $36,225
8 $55,050 $19,268 $38,535
2019 Area Median Income
FAM. SIZE Minimum Maximum
1 $36,200 $12,670 $25,340
2 $41,400 $ 14,490 $28,980
3 $46,400 $ 16,240 $32,480
4 $51,700 $18,095 $36,190
5 $55,900 $19,565 $39,130
6 $60,000 $21,000 $42,000
7 $64,200 $22,470 $44,940
8 $68,300 $23,905 $47,810
Note: Minimum income limits are fore informational purposes only. Actual minimum income limits may be higher (determined by home selection and household debt load).
Ability to Pay
- You have proof of at least 1 year of steady, verifiable, annual income.
- You do not have any judgments or liens against you.
- You do not have excessive debt or multiple accounts in collection.
- You pay your rent on time.
Willingness to partner with Habitat
- Contribute 500 hours of sweat equity.
- Attend Habitat homeowner training classes.
- Pay $1,000 towards closing costs.
- Pay first homeowners insurance.
We are dedicated to the success of our Habitat homeowners and to that end, have compiled a list of Homeowner Resources to help them. Using the skills they learn in the educational classes, and applying themselves diligently to making their mortgage payments every month, many of our homeowners pay off their mortgages. Habitat is here to help you succeed as a homeowner. From the moment you apply for the program until you pay off your Habitat mortgage, we work with you.